1 2 3 4
 

Saturn, Agricultural God

The Celestial garden of Packington has the planet Saturn as its principal theme. Its name is associated to Roman God of agriculture, an important activity of the locality.

 

Information: Les Jardins célestes du Témiscouata

Located in the camping of lake Méruimticook

Municipalité de Packington
35A, rue Principale
Packington
G0L 1Z0
http://www.packington.org/

Téléphone : 418 853-2269
Télécopieur : 418 853-6427

 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county.

 

Packington : Chalet communautaire

 
img

Atelier Amboise, ébénisterie artisanale

Founded in 1994, Atelier Amboise specializes in the reproduction of traditional furniture inspired by different styles. Showroom on place and guides will happily demonstrate different furniture making techniques. From June 4th until september 2nd.  Reservations required.

 

619, rang Ignace-Nadeau
Pohénégamook

Téléphone : 418.859.3337
Télécopieur : 418.859.2996
www.atelieramboise.com

8
 
img

The Sun, Favorite Star of Pohenegamook

The Sun was chosen as the central theme of the Celestial garden of Pohenegamook. The rotation of the Earth with his days and nights, its revolution around the Sun with the seasons and our star to the rudder of the solar system have been sources of inspiration for the design of our Celestial garden.

 

In front of the CLSC (Quartier Saint-Éleuthère)

Information: Jardins célestes du Témiscouata
Ville de Pohénégamook
1309, rue Principale
 418.859.3450
http://www.pohenegamook.net/

 
img

Animated Circuit of Transcontinental

« Tale of Tail»

This sculpture belongs to the Animated Tour of Trancontinental. It is one of the five sculptures set up out of slate and which highlights a share of the inheritance of each  municipality. This work illustrates the tail of the mythical monster of the Pohénégamook Lake, affectionately known as Ponik.

More details here

 

Bureau d’accueil touristique (BAT)
1309, rue Principale
Pohénégamook( Quartier Escourt)

Information: 418.859.3450
www.pohenegamook.net

7
 
img

Parc de la frontière

Canada Border Service
Original 1942 border crossing which years ago was a highly prized location for various contraband activities. Now responsible for the area’s border control. A border officer is available to answer questions.  

Canada-U.S. Border Monument
This monument symbolizes the abdication of a vast territory to the Americans by the British Empire in exchange for the Niagara Peninsula in the loyalist Upper Canada. It is the United States’ most Northern monument on its atlantic front.

Interpretative panels

Small International Bridge

This small bridge holds the secrets of many different people: lovers, cigarette and alcohol smugglers, fishermen and even tourists. Built at the turn of the century (around 1906), the bridge was originally wider and linked the counties of Pohénégamook and Estcourt. Unbeknownst the original bridge workers, they were building a border bridge between Canada and the U.S. but official borders had not yet to be established at the time.

 

1309, rue Principale

Pohénégamook( Quartier Escourt)

Information: 418.859.3450

www.pohenegamook.net

9
 
img

History

Interpretative panels
(F) Bootlegging in Transcontinental Region
(G) The Canada – United-States Border
(H) The Transcontinental Railways

 

 

 

Panels are located in the Parc de la Frontière of Pohenegamook (km 48)

 

For F , G  and H  Click here

 
img

Parc de la Frontière (suite)

Mural "Ode à ma ville" 2005
Latex acrylic on concrete
7 feet by 162 feet
Design and production: Gizele Gaboury

Located right in the center of Pohenegamook as an element of "Parc de la Fontiere" walking tour, this fresco appears a reflection of the identity of its community vis-a-vis the unsuspected richness that nature inspires and animates.

 

 

Gizèle Gaboury
1599, chemin de la Frontière
Pohénégamook, G0L 1J0
418-859-3076
www.gizelegaboury.com

 
img

Road Crosses Tour

The city of Pohénégamook Heritage Committee has developed a circuit of the last twelve road crosses existing on the territory of the municipality. The opening of the circuit was held on August 14, 2011, Heritage day on the Route des Frontieres. A pamphlet to iterate through the circuit, with a GPS or according to coordinates road, is now available in the municipal office and in the churches of the Transcontinental region.

 

 
img

Marie-Mediatrice Church in Estcourt

First Church built with stone in the village of Estcourt, the Marie-Médiatrice Church welcomes worshippers who came to settle in large numbers in the townships served by the new line of the Trancontinental railway. Built in 1933, the Church has a rectangular plan and provides a facade with two towers of unequal height. The more massive and higher for the bells  shows the choice of the architect-Designer, Joseph-Aimé Poulin to break the symmetry observed in Quebec religious architecture a century earlier. Original creation, it represents new trends in vogue at the time of its construction.

 

1250, Chemin Guérette
Pohénégamook

 
img

Chapelle Notre-Dame des champs et Madone

In 1929, the priest in Sully asked for an orphanage to be built in his parish and requested the assistance of the Brothers of Notre-Dame-des-Champs, whose institution was founded in 1903 in St-Damien. The Clerics of St. Viateur started operating the orphanage in 1931. Upon their arrival, they created a special devotion to this Madonna and gained permission to establish the Brotherhood of Notre-Dame-des-Champs in 1935, then affiliated with the Arch confraternity of Seez, in France.

 

685, rang Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Pohénégamook (Quartier Sully)

Information : 418.495.3450
Pour visiter :
Mme Clara Bouffard : 418.893.2688
ou M. Dominique Lavoie :
418.893.2579
Courriel
www.pohenegamook.net

10
 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county.

 

Pohénégamook : Bibliothèque municipale Le Grenier aux livres                 

 
img

Animated Tour of Transcontinental

"River Drive"

Another one of the five decorative sculptures set up out of slate to symbolize a significant part of the inheritance of each municipality.

This sculpture symbolizes two of the most significant elements in the history and development of Rivière-Bleue: its rivers and sawmills

For more details
(column at the right-hand side of
the historical section)

 

Located in the Parc Simard

Information:
Municipalité de Rivière-Bleue
32, rue des Pins Est
Rivière-Bleue

418.893.5559
www.riviere-bleue.ca/

7
 
img

A Blue Drop, Celestial Garden on a Blue Planet

Rivière-Bleue has chosen Neptune as planet of its Celestial garden. It stands on the border of real planets of the solar system, a reminder of our geographical location at the borders of Quebec with New Brunswick and the United States. The blue color of the planet is in the tone of the municipality. And the god Neptune is the symbol of the aquatic area, therefore the lakes and rivers so numerous in our municipality.

 

In front of Parc Simard (sculpture)

Information: Jardins célestes du Témiscouata
Municipalité de Rivière-Bleue
32, rue des Pins Est
Rivière-Bleue

418.893.5559
www.riviere-bleue.ca/

 
img

Old Train Station, Art and Handicraft Center

Visit a quasi centennial train station and a museum. Exhibition and shop offering works of arts from regional artists and artisans. Demonstrations by artisans, beginner’s workshops and interpretative panels. Photograph exhibit: The History of Rivière-Bleue. Guided visit available Visites from june 24th to Labour Day.

 

85 rue Saint-Joseph Nord
Rivière-Bleue

Téléphone : 418.893.2219

www.garederivierebleue.com

 

12
 
img

 

 
img

History

Interpretative panel

(I) The Rivière-Bleue Train Station

 

In Front of the Old Station (km 32)

 

Click here

12
 
img

Baptist Chapel

Chapel built in 1920 and inaugurated in 1923. It served a French-Canadian protestant population from the U.S. and then a growing number of parishioners joined the community. The church and the cemetery are part of the province’s religious heritage. Interpretative panels on the history of the community and chapel. Organized visits from the end of June until Labour Day.

 

27, rue Saint-Pierre
(Pied-du-Lac)
Rivière-Bleue
For Reservation: 418.859.3450

13
 
img

History

Interpretative panel


(J) The Gospel Baptist Chapel of Rivière-Bleue

 

In Front of the Chapel at Pied-du-Lac (near km 27)

Click here

13
 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county.

 

Rivière-Bleue : Complexe municipal Rosaire Bélanger,

 
img

 

Information
Municipalité de Rivière-Bleue
32, rue des Pins Est
Rivière-Bleue

418.893.5559
www.riviere-bleue.ca/

 
img

Our road crosses

The Rivière-Bleue Heritage Committee has developed a circuit of seven road crosses existing on the territory of the municipality. A pamphlet to iterate through the circuit, with a GPS or according to coordinates road, is available at the Old Railroad Station of Rivière-Bleue

 

Corporation du Patrimoine de Rivière-Bleue

418.893.2219

 
img

Les Alpagas d’Aldo inc

An agro and tourism based rearing farm of alpacas, which proceeds on the sale of animals and the development of their fiber. These calm, proud, exotic animals are sure to charm you at first glance. The owners will welcome you for a free tour of the farm and a unique meeting with their Alpacas.

From june 21st to august 31, Wednesday to Sunday, 10h - 16h30. September - June: Saturday and Sunday, on spointment only. $

 

 

The Aldorado shop provides beautiful products manufactured from this fiber providing heat and an incomparable sweetness, including: stockings, tuques, hats, mittens, bed spreads, shawls, scarves, and hanks of fiber ready for knitting.

 

 

 

 

Dominique Hamel & Alice Bélanger, prop.

833, route 230
Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska
(Québec) G0L 2G0

Tel: 418-495-2338
Email : info@lesalpagasdaldo.com
Web Site: www.lesalpagasdaldo.com

 

2
 
img

La Maison au Toit bleu

Bed and Breakfast and museum-house. Meals are served in the old photography studio of Mrs Marie-Alice Dumont, the first woman professional photographer in Eastern Quebec. Mrs Daria Dumont will take you on a grand photographic tour of history. Fresh country bread. Warm welcoming staff.

 

490, avenue Saint-Clovis
Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska

Téléphone : 418.495.2701
Télécopieur : 418.495.2568

dariadumont@bellnet.ca

 
img

Croix de Saint-Alexandre

 

 
img

Cimetery and Church

Located in the heart of the village (beside the church), visit one of the most extraordinary cemeteries in the region. Start by opening the large wrought iron gate (regional heritage) and walk along the aisles, surrounded by magnificent 100 year old trees. Take a moment to admire the Calvary, a representation of Christ’s crucifixion, and pray at the oratory, a small private chapel. Continue on your way to the Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes grotto. Enjoy ancient treasures under the modern exterior of a church built in 1851.

 

692, route 289
Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska

Téléphone : 418.495.2045

3
 
img

History

(D) Migrotary movement towards the Transcontinental

(E) Tom's Cross

 

 

 

Information Tower of Saint-Alexandre (km 89)

For D and E Click here

 
img

Camp musical de Saint-Alexandre

An exceptional musical training summer camp for 7 to 17 year olds that offers a mix of artistic lifestyle in a camp atmosphere. Located on an exceptional site near the Fourchue River. Excellence ‘Guimauve d’or’ (gold marshmallow) Award for its quality of life. Excellence and Hat’s Off Awards from the Quebec Camp Association, Development 2007.  Special Mention in 2008 by the jury at the lower St. Lawrence Tourism Awards. From July 4th until August 15th: free concert every Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

 

267, rang Saint-Gérard Est
Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska

Phone : 418.495.2898
Fax:  418.495.1165

www.campmusical.com

5
 
img

Saint-André Church

Two leaflets available: from the Carnets du Patrimoine series: ÉGLISE DE SAINT-ANDRÉ (the church) and ŒUVRES D’ART DE L’ÉGLISE DE SAINT-ANDRÉ (its works of art). Built according to the Récollet Plan, the church was blessed and in 1811 religious services to take place. In 2004, the building and five of its works of arts were classified historical monuments: the tabernacle of the high altar by Thomas Baillairgé, the paintings of the martyrdom of St. Andrew by Louis-Hébert Triaud, the portrait of St. Philomène by Antoine Plamondon, the 7 registers mechanical action choir organ built by Louis Mitchell and the statue of St. Andrew by Louis Jobin. About a thousand yards further: the Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes grotto near a waterfall. From June 24th until Labour Day, from 1 to 7 p.m. Off-season: reservations needed.

 

128, rue Principale
Saint-André

Téléphone : 418.493.1064

Web (french only)

1
 
img

Maison culturelle Armand-

Otherwise known as the Vieille École de Saint-André, the Maison culturelle Armand-Vaillancourt has rooms where are presented the works of regional artists, entertainment evenings, music and storytelling...    Onsite a coffee-shop Les Jardins de la Mer and space for  picnic!  Open from June 14 to September. Welcome to all!

 

143, Principale, Saint-André
Tel: 418.493.2408

 
img

Parc de l’Ancien quai

Access by the "rue du Quai" to a small light house and to the parc de l'Ancien quai (Old Pier Park). Interpretation panels, sitting areas and picnic tables. Public washrooms.

 

122 A, rue Principale,
Saint-André
Daniel Michaud
418.493.2785
duchim@videotron.ca

19
 
img

La Maison de la Prune

This is a plum orchard where a family-owned and operated business cultivates Damson Plum trees, one of the oldest varieties in Quebec. You can buy homemade products such as jam, jelly, coulis, syrups, and so on. The Store-house was established in 1840. Guided tours on Sundays at 10:30 am (reservations needed). Store hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 pm beginning August 1st until October 15th

 

129, route 132 Est
Saint-André
tel.: 418.493.2616
fax: 418.493.2149

16
 
img

History

(A) History and Treasures of Saint-Andre

(B) The Smelts of Fouquette River

(C) Raibow Smelt (in french)

 

 

 

Information Tower of Saint-André
(km 95)

For A and B Click here

C : Panel on location

 
img

Landscape along Route des Frontieres

From Saint-André to Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande, 95 km of the Route des Frontières will carry you through natural and humanized landscapes very varied. Explore the mountains and forests of Témiscouata, and valleys where flow rivers and lakes. Meet the people inhabiting the villages scattered along these rivers and agricultural land. the Route des Frontières takes you through six different types of landscapes. Come and discover them on this pamphlet

 

Corporation touristique de la route des Frontières
C.P. 2004
Rivière-Bleue G0L 2B0

Tél:  418.859.3450
Fax: 418.893.5530

 
img

Animated Tour of Transcontinental

"Tree of life"

One finds more than 33 maple shacks on the territory of Saint-Athanase. 1,4 million pounds of maple syrup are produced each year. With 650.000 notches, Saint-Athanase is indisputably the capital of maple syrup. Its single taste is appreciated everywhere in North America.

"Tree of life" belongs to the animated Circuit of Trancontinental. It is one of the five sculptures set up out of slate and which highlights a share of the inheritance of each  municipality. This sculpture illustrates the symbiotic relationship between the maple sugar industry and Saint-Athanase, maple sugar capital of the Témiscouata region

 

 

Municipalité de Saint-Athanase
6081, chemin de l'Église
Saint-Athanase G0L 2L0

Tel: 418 863-7706
Fax: 418 863-7707
www.saint-athanase.com/

7
 
img

Pluto : Yours to Discover

The county of Témiscouata offers an original tourist tour, which is the Celestial gardens tour. Each garden in those nineteen municipalities illustrates a planet or a celestial object in the form of sculptures and interpretation panels in bond with the history, the name of the village, its topography, etc

Pluto is the farthest planet in the solar system and it is still well mysterious. Our Celestial garden shares these features of Pluto. Saint-Athanase is the outermost village of the Témiscouata and its places are rather unknown and undiscovered by tourism. It is therefore a world to discover

 

Located near the Community Center

Information: Jardins célestes du Témiscouata
or Municipalité de Saint-Athanase
6081, chemin de l'Église

Téléphone : 418 863-7706
Télécopieur : 418 863-7707
www.saint-athanase.com/

 
img

Murmure des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county.

 

Saint-Athanase : École des Verts-Sommets

 
img

 

Municipalité de Saint-Athanase
6081, chemin de l'Église
Saint-Athanase G0L 2L0

Téléphone : 418 863-7706
Télécopieur : 418 863-7707
www.saint-athanase.com/

 
img

St Elzéar, a Part of Cultural Tour

The Sun was also chosen as the central theme of the celestial garden of Saint-Elzéar. The children of the school in the village have suggested the theme and content and participated in its implementation. The theme of the garden, or trails of sunflower, was chosen because the sunflower is also called solar plant or simply Sun. We also find in the garden the sculpture made of slate which is part of animated circuit. It’s entitled "The Thunder Bird». This work resumed the myth of the Thunder Bird, symbolized by a legendary Falcon bird.

 

Garden is located near the school

Information: Les Jardins célestes du Témiscouata

Municipalité de Saint-Elzéar
209, rue de l'Église
Saint-Elzéar-de-Témiscouata
G0L 2W0

Téléphone : 418 854-7690
Télécopieur : 418 854-3279

7
 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county

 

Saint-Elzéar : Église de Saint-Elzéar-de-Témiscouata

 
img

Romain-Caron Covered Bridge

Located 1.8 miles from Route 289 (Route des Frontieres), this covered bridge was built during the 1940's and completly restaured in 2010. It's the only one in existence in the Temiscouata region. The Romain-Caron Bridge is part of the Quebec Bridge Society and was registered in Quebec’s Cultural Heritage Directory in February 2006. One of Canada’s Historical Places. Interpretative panels.

 

Rang 6
Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande

Téléphone : 418.853-3703

15
 
img

History

Interprétative Panel
 

(L) Romain-Caron Covered Bridge

 

 

Rang 6
Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande

Information:
Municipalité de Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande
810, rue Principale
Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande
G0L 3N0

Téléphone : 418 853-3703
Télécopieur : 418 853-3475

Click here

15
 
img

Garden on the Land (the Earth)

The Celestial garden of Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande has the Earth as its main theme : its hemispheres, days, seasons and continents. We chose the Earth among the other planets because the word "lande" or earth is a part of our name.

 

Information: Les Jardins célestes du Témiscouata

Located near the cover bridge
607, rang 6
Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande
Téléphone : 418 853-3703
Télécopieur : 418 853-3475

 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county

 

Saint-Jean-de-la-Lande : Covered Bridge,

 
img

The Tithe Barn

This heritage building built in 1922, tells the story of the collection of the tithe for the priest of the parish, role played until 1945 before giving way to capitation. In addition to the barn for animals, where were stored the 26th part (tithe) of harvest and hay.  

 

 The Tithe Barn is part of a heritage set consisting of the Church, the rectory and a cooler. Accessible from the outside for now, a picnic area and toilets are available on the site

 

297, Principale Est
St-Joseph de Kamouraska, G0L 3P0

Téléphone : 418 493-2008

Courriel : stjosephkam@bellnet.ca

www.stjosephkam.ca

6
 
img

Glendyne Slate Quarry

Glendyne is the largest slate-quarry in North America. It produces roofing and landscaping slate. The deposit was discovered during the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad at the beginning of the 20th century but production stopped during the First World War. In 1995, a group of local entrepreneurs restarted the plant. Since then, the popularity of slate has grown tremendously and Glendyne now exports over 95% of its production.

Guided tours avaiable upon request

 

12, rue de l'Église
Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long


Bureau de la municipalité
de Saint-Marc: 418.893.2643

www.glendyne.com

14
 
img

History

Interpretative Panel
(K) Slate

 

Municipalité de Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long

12, rue de l'Église
Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long
Tel: 418.893.2643
Fax: 418.893.7228

Click here

 
img

Venus, Morning Star, Evening Star

For its Celestial garden, Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long has chosen Venus, a little bit because of its rebel side: its rotation is opposite to that of the other planets just like our lake which flows to the north in the opposite direction of the other lakes of the region.

 

Information : Les Jardins célestes du Témiscouata 

Municipalité de Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long
12, rue de l'Église
Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long
Tel: 418.893.2643
Fax: 418.893.7228

 
img

Murmures des villages Tour

With the Acadian Mundial Congress to be held in August 2014, a tour has been proposed to visit 21 mural art and literature exhibits placed in each village in Temiscouata county.

 

Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long : École de Saint-Marc,

 
img